Thursday, September 14, 2006

What Is The World Coming To?

Dear Whit,

Seems like the world is getting crazier and crazier everyday. All the stupid wars, and the stupid acts of violence. A week ago, three people were stabbed on the 19th floor of the Delta Chelsea Hotel where Mom works. Yesterday, a crazy 25-year-old man walked into a Montreal college cafeteria and began to shoot random people.

This madman turns out to have an account with VampireFreaks, a gothic website that Messie nudged me to join ages and ages ago. I found out that he went by the name of Fatality666 and I went to check it out. They deleted his profile, but kept his journal. For future police references I suppose. From what I've read, he's a big drinker and he likes guns. He's also addicted to some shooting game, and he had planned his attack based on that.

Anyway, this guy randomly starts shooting students, killing one and injuring several others. Mad, I tell you. If he wanted to shoot people down, he could've at least tried shooting government people. Students are still in their innocent stage. It's the goverment that we should kick in the ass. Better yet, he could've gone down to the US and shot George Bush. Too late to hope for that now, though. The police shot the guy dead. The Montreal shooter guy, not George Bush.

It's funny too ... the tour group who had been staying at Mom's hotel during the stabbing incident, had left to tour Montreal. Lo and behold, when they get there, they come across a random shooting. They'll have a lot to tell their friends when they get back from their tour. The foreigners must think we Canadians are violent. We aren't really. We're just crazy.

Anyhow, on a much brighter note, I GOT AN EMAIL FROM MR. PERRONE! ♥ He was telling me that he had visited my website and that I definitely should submit my work for publishing. He also mentioned the Canadian Film Board, and I'm seriously considering sending my cartoons to them. After I touch them up to look better than they do now.

The email from Perrone was highly unexpected. He actually searched my site to get my email. How nice. He told me to go visit him again sometime, which I'm sure I will be doing. I could sit through another one of his classes and never get bored. He cracks the funniest jokes and says the weirdest, most random things, that man. I love him! ♥ He was my ultimate source of comic ideas, and he still is - no one's provided me more ideas than he has. He's definitely one of the best teachers I've ever had - pity I've only had him once.

Anyway - I'm craving for salad. I'm sure there's still some more in the fridge. Mmm ... Caesar ... with bacon and cheese ... screw the croutons, I prefer them on the side.

-Tha Boo

No comments: