Friday, October 27, 2006

Seven Hundred. o_o

Dear Whit,

Luis started his actual training at IVM yesterday. Well, it was pretty much his first day. I was the one training him - or I was supposed to. But halfway through, Saj decided they needed more agents to be actually working. So he made me work, and Luis had to continue his training with someone else. He barely even got to listen to me work because Raj was overly busy. Oh well. Hope he did okay.

Anyway, I joined this new wicked networking site called Facebook. I don't normally like joining network sites, but this one totally got me. It had some awesome new features like the photo tags and it drove me wild. Even Jesse liked it.

So yesterday, before starting my night shift, I posted a couple of my comics on one of the Facebook groups. I started work, and later on during my break, I checked out my site stats. I nearly fell of my chair in disbelief.


My site, which normally has about 15-20 people visiting per day, exploded to 700 visitors in a span of just a few hours. I was all O_O because I didn't expect that many people to actually visit my site. But they did. And it wasn't even a clickable hyperlink. They actually typed out / copied and pasted my link to their address bar!

Well now the number of visitors has gone up by a hundred. That's 800 people in less than 24 hours, with over 4,000 page loads.

I know that isn't much compared to popular sites like Newgrounds, but that's still a lot in my standards. o_o

Holy. I am still in the process of recovery.

Anyways - hopefully I can talk to Raj and convince him to let me off for tomorrow. Rachel's party! Hopefully I get it off - I've already offered to sacrifice a precious Tuesday - Halloween to be precise - to work for Pizza Pizza. That's a lot of candy I'm missing out on.

- Tha Shocked Boo

No comments: