Thursday, October 19, 2006

As If They Knew.

Dear Whit,

A lot has happened the past few days. Since what happened 2 days ago, the weather has been getting crappier. I woke up at 4:30am today to open the door to the porch so Oreo could eat, and it was pouring. It still is. It's almost as if Heaven was crying.

I've been talking to Amanda. She woke me up at around 7 / 8 yesterday and we kept texting each other for a while. I was a lazy ass and I fell asleep again everytime I got a text message. I'd start keying in my replying, fall asleep halfway and then wake up an hour or so later to complete it and send. I woke up completely at around 5pm [yes, I'm a bum like that] and the conversation went full blast.

We ended up 'yelling' at each other, and I was mad enough to say a couple of things that I was sure would hurt her. I didn't want to, but I was so mad. We ended that with a 'whatever' from me.

A few hours later, she messaged me to apologize. And I felt guilty and apologized too. This wasn't her fault. She truly loved him, I knew that from the start. And I just made her feel worse about losing him with all the shit I said. I shouldn't have said them - true as they might have been.

Anyway - she brought up the events from last year ... when we watched King Kong with Jesse ... when I slipped in the mall and quickly got back up like nothing happened ... and how we got back home at 12am and Mom got all pissed at me. And then I mentioned the time I walked right into a yellow 'Caution: Wet floor' plastic sign thingy, knocking it right down.

Good times.

Can't believe it was nearly a year ago. Time goes by too fast.

Hopefully she can come down for the Saturday get together. That would be nice. Jesse and Matt would be happy to see her again. And it might also take her mind off him for a while.

Putting that aside, I found out my Halloween work schedule. 4pm - 2am. Raj is trying to kill us. That's 10 hours talking to crazy people who want pizza. And seeing how it's Halloween, I suppose there's a chance half of the calls would be from crazy pranksters.

Pranksters nowadays. They can't even play a prank professionally. Most of the time I can tell it's a prank before they open their mouths. Either it's unusually quiet [perhaps with an occasional shushing], or the prankster's friends are giggling uncontrollably in the background. Even my cat could do better.

- Tha Boo

No comments: