Thursday, November 16, 2006

No Way! =O

Dear Whit,

Everyday I tend to make it a habit to check up on all the sites that I have submitted my comics to: DeviantArt, Facebook, Smackjeeves, Drunk Duck ... you name it. I like to keep up with viewer comments.

Anyway, a little over 48 hours ago, I visited Drunk Duck to check whether I had any new comments on my latest comics. And a little pop-up alerted me that I had a new Private Quack. Interesting. Who'd be Private Quacking me? Hmm. So I opened it up and got a message from the creator of the Creepy Carly comic.

Carly Wagner. Manager of the mobile department of Platinum Studios.

Apparently she was offering me an opportunity to turn my comics into mobile wallpaper format. Interesting. And further down the line as a full comic on mobile. [le gasp]

Of course, at first I thought it was a con of some sort, so I checked out the Platinum Studios website and did some background research. Lo and behold - they're authentic, and apparently their job was to turn comics into actual shows. One example was a TV show called "Jeremiah" which started off as a comic.

Naturally, I emailed Carly back to let her know that I was interested. Why wouldn't I be? This could be my big break! Yesterday she emailed me back with an agreement form. Mom is going to have that reviewed for me before I fax it back to Carly. Gotta make sure.

I'm trying not to be too excited, or thinking about it too much. I don't want to be fantasizing myself getting somewhere already [when to think I only started MMM BooGrrs about 7 months ago], and then be gravely disappointed. That would only discourage me. I'll wait it out and see what happens.

Greenie told me to let Perrone know ... the man would want to know. But I think I'll see how this goes first before I spill him any good news. =)

[Sighs]. I sincerely hope that this leads to somewhere. It would be really awesome ... Jose was going on about me being a millionaire already. I don't think so. I'd honestly be content living in an apartment with just enough to live by as long as I can continue doing what I enjoy doing.

I mean ... if MMM BooGrrs ever becomes a well-known name, even if it's only in Toronto or something, being published daily or weekly in the local paper ... I'd be happy.

But a little scenario of me turning on the TV to see my characters screaming on TV like The Simpsons and South Park ... now THAT would be the awesome. And if that ever happens ... =)

Gah. Wishful thinking.

But no rushes. Someday I'll get there ... maybe.

- Tha Boo (Trying Really Hard Not To Be Excited In Case I Jinx It)

No comments: